The Network Security and Privacy Protection (NSEC) Lab at Shanghai Jiao Tong University was founded in 2009. Research projects of NSEC focus on identifying and addressing new security threats in networked and distributed computing systems. Students who are interested in these areas are welcome to join us.
Available Phd and Master Positions
Phd Positions Available from 2016, Master Positions Always Available.
You could choose the below research topics (but not limited to):
- Security and Privacy in Cognitive Radio Networks/Software Defined Networks
- Location Privacy Protection and Other Privacy Enhancing Technology
- Secure Cloud Computing/Outsourcing/Crowdsourcing
- Secure Routing in Delay-tolerant Networks/Named Data Networking
- Smartphone Security and Privacy
- Haizhong Zheng, Minhui Xue, Hao Lu, Shuang Hao, Haojin Zhu, Xiaohui Liang, and Keith Ross, Smoke Screener or Straight Shooter: Detecting Elite Sybil Attacks in User-Review Social Networks, NDSS'18, 2018. (accepting rate: 20 %)
- Lichuan Ma, Yong Xiang, Qingqi Pei, Yang Xiang, and Haojin Zhu, Robust Reputation-Based Cooperative Spectrum Sensing via Imperfect Common Control Channel, accept for publication in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2017.
- Haojin Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for IEEE INFOCOM 2018 .
- Haojin Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS) 2017 .
- Lu Zhou, Qingrong Chen, Zutian Luo, Haojin Zhu and Cailian Chen, Speed-based Location Tracking in Usage-based Automotive Insurance, IEEE ICDCS'17 (short paper), 2017.
- Wenyan Yao, Na Ruan, Feifan Yu, Weijia Jia, Haojin Zhu, Privacy-preserving fraud detection via cooperative mobile carriers with improved accuracy, SECON (IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensing and Communication in Wireless Networks), June 12-14, 2017. (accepting rate: 45/170=26.5%)
- Jiafa Liu, Di Ma, Haojin Zhu and Andre Weimerskirch, A Functional Co-Design towards Safe and Secure Vehicle Platooning, 3rd ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (CPSS 2017), held in conjunction with ACM AsiaCCS'17, Abu Dhabi, UAE, April 2, 2017. (accepting rate: 10/35=29%)
- Mengyuan Li, Yan Meng, Junyi Liu, Haojin Zhu, Xiaohui Liang, Yao Liu, Na Ruan, When CSI Meets Public WiFi: Inferring Your Mobile Phone Password via WiFi Signals, ACM CCS'16, 2016. (Accepting rate: 16.5%). Please refer to the slides , the demo, and the Youtube video. Media Coverage: The Register, The TechNews, Techworm, SPIEGEL ONLINE, Silicon, Fossbytes, Bitport.
- Dr. Zhu and his team are organizing ACM TUR-C 2017 (Security and Privacy Track) , which is the first event organized byACM Special Interest Group on Security, Audit and Control in China (SIGSAC China). The new deadline is Dec 15th, 2016. There will be one or two SCI indexed SI for this event. You are welcome to submit.
- Dr. Zhu Received 2016 SJTU New Teaching Star Award (上海交通大学教学新秀), Oct. 2016.
- Congratulations to Zheyu Xu, Mengyuan Li, Jinli Zhong, Lei Gao, who have successfully passed their bachelor thesis defense on June, 14, 2016. They will start their graduate study in University of Waterloo (Zheyu, M.Sc.), SJTU (Jinli, M.Sc.), Ohio-state Univ. (Mengyuan, M.Sc), and TAMU (Lei, M.Sc.).
- Prof. Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for IEEE INFOCOM 2017.
- Prof. Zhu is elevated to IEEE senior member, Feb 2016.
- NSec lab is sponsored by PANGU research lab on the topic of mobile security.
- Prof. Zhu has been invited to serve as the Program Committee for ACM CCS 2016.
- Our paper "Security and privacy for storage and computation in cloud computing" has been awarded Top 100 Most Cited Chinese Papers Published in International Journals of 2014, Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China, published in 2015. .
- Prof. Nei Kato (Homepage) from Tohoku University will visit NSEC Lab on Oct. 27th and give a talk on "Joint Optimization of QoS and Security for Differentiated Applications in Heterogeneous Networks". (Poster)