The Network Security and Privacy Protection (NSEC) Lab at Shanghai Jiao Tong University was founded in 2009. Research projects of NSEC focus on identifying and addressing new security threats in networked and distributed computing systems. Students who are interested in these areas are welcome to join us.
Available Phd and Master Positions
Phd Positions Available from 2016, Master Positions Always Available.
You could choose the below research topics (but not limited to):
- Security and Privacy in Cognitive Radio Networks/Software Defined Networks
- Location Privacy Protection and Other Privacy Enhancing Technology
- Secure Cloud Computing/Outsourcing/Crowdsourcing
- Secure Routing in Delay-tolerant Networks/Named Data Networking
- Smartphone Security and Privacy
- Haojin Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for IEEE INFOCOM 2018 .
- Haojin Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS) 2017 .
- Lu Zhou, Qingrong Chen, Zutian Luo, Haojin Zhu and Cailian Chen, Speed-based Location Tracking in Usage-based Automotive Insurance, IEEE ICDCS'17 (short paper), 2017.
- Wenyan Yao, Na Ruan, Feifan Yu, Weijia Jia, Haojin Zhu, Privacy-preserving fraud detection via cooperative mobile carriers with improved accuracy, SECON (IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensing and Communication in Wireless Networks), June 12-14, 2017. (accepting rate: 45/170=26.5%)
- Jiafa Liu, Di Ma, Haojin Zhu and Andre Weimerskirch, A Functional Co-Design towards Safe and Secure Vehicle Platooning, 3rd ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop (CPSS 2017), held in conjunction with ACM AsiaCCS'17, Abu Dhabi, UAE, April 2, 2017. (accepting rate: 10/35=29%)
- Mengyuan Li, Yan Meng, Junyi Liu, Haojin Zhu, Xiaohui Liang, Yao Liu, Na Ruan, When CSI Meets Public WiFi: Inferring Your Mobile Phone Password via WiFi Signals, ACM CCS'16, 2016. (Accepting rate: 16.5%). Please refer to the slides , the demo, and the Youtube video. Media Coverage: The Register, The TechNews, Techworm, SPIEGEL ONLINE, Silicon, Fossbytes, Bitport.
- Dr. Zhu and his team are organizing ACM TUR-C 2017 (Security and Privacy Track) , which is the first event organized byACM Special Interest Group on Security, Audit and Control in China (SIGSAC China). The new deadline is Dec 15th, 2016. There will be one or two SCI indexed SI for this event. You are welcome to submit.
- Dr. Zhu Received 2016 SJTU New Teaching Star Award (上海交通大学教学新秀), Oct. 2016.
- Congratulations to Zheyu Xu, Mengyuan Li, Jinli Zhong, Lei Gao, who have successfully passed their bachelor thesis defense on June, 14, 2016. They will start their graduate study in University of Waterloo (Zheyu, M.Sc.), SJTU (Jinli, M.Sc.), Ohio-state Univ. (Mengyuan, M.Sc), and TAMU (Lei, M.Sc.).
- Prof. Zhu is invited to serve on the Program Committee for IEEE INFOCOM 2017.
- Prof. Zhu is elevated to IEEE senior member, Feb 2016.
- NSec lab is sponsored by PANGU research lab on the topic of mobile security.
- Prof. Zhu has been invited to serve as the Program Committee for ACM CCS 2016.
- Our paper "Security and privacy for storage and computation in cloud computing" has been awarded Top 100 Most Cited Chinese Papers Published in International Journals of 2014, Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China, published in 2015. .
- Prof. Nei Kato (Homepage) from Tohoku University will visit NSEC Lab on Oct. 27th and give a talk on "Joint Optimization of QoS and Security for Differentiated Applications in Heterogeneous Networks". (Poster)
- Jiafa Liu, Di Ma, Anre, Haojin Zhu, Secure and Safe Automated Vehicle Platooning, IEEE Reliability Magazine, 2016.
- Haojin Zhu, Chengliaohui Fang, Yao Liu, Cailian Chen, Mengyuan Li, Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, You Can Jam But You Can't Hide: Defending Against Jamming Attacks for Geo-location Database Driven Spectrum Sharing, to appear in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, SI on Spectrum Sharing and Aggregation for Future Wireless Networks, 2016
- Huaxin Li, Haojin Zhu, Suguo Du, Xiaohui Liang, Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, Privacy Leakage of Location Sharing in Mobile Social Networks: Attacks and Defense, IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2016
- Mengyuan Li, Na Ruan, Qiyang Qian, Haojin Zhu, Xiaohui Liang, Le Yu, SPFM: Scalable and Privacy-preserving Friend Matching in Mobile Cloud, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2016.
- Song Fang, Yao Liu, Wenbo Shen, Haojin Zhu, Tao Wang, Virtual Multipath Attack and Defense for Location Distinction in Wireless Networks, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, 2016.
- Lingling Fan, Minhui Xue, Sen Chen, Lihua Xu, Haojin Zhu, Accuracy vs. Time Cost: Detecting Android Malware through Pareto Ensemble Pruning, ACM CCS poster, 2016.
- Na Ruan, Qi Hu, Lei Gao, Haojin Zhu, Qingshui Xue,Weijia Jia, A Traffic Based Lightweight Attack Detection Scheme for VoLTE, IEEE Globecom’16, 2016.
- Mengyuan Li, Yan Meng, Junyi Liu, Haojin Zhu, Xiaohui Liang, Yao Liu, Na Ruan, When CSI Meets Public WiFi: Inferring Your Mobile Phone Password via WiFi Signals, ACM CCS, 2016. PPT  Video
- Jiafa Liu, Junyi Li, Huaxin Li, Haojin Zhu, Na Ruan, Di Ma, Who Moved My Cheese: Towards Automatic and Fine-grained Classification and Modeling Ad Network, IEEE Globecom, 2016.
- Na Ruan, Lei Gao, Haojin Zhu, Weijia Jia, Xiang Li, Qi Hu, Toward Optimal DoS-resistant Authentication in Crowdsensing Networks via Evolutionary Game, IEEE ICDCS, 2016.
- Lei Gao, Na Ruan, Haojin Zhu, Efficient and Secure Message Authentication in Cooperative Driving: A Game-Theoretic Approach, IEEE ICC, 2016.
- Sen Chen, Minhui Xue, Zhushou Tang, Lihua Xu, Haojin Zhu, StormDroid: A Streaminglized Machine Learning-based System for Detecting Android Malware, ACM ASIACCS, 2016.
- Huaxin Li, Zheyu Xu, Haojin Zhu, Di Ma, Shuai Li and Kai Xing, Demographics Inference Through Wi-Fi Network Traffic Analysis, IEEE INFOCOM, 2016